The city of Arlington has one of the premiere water departments in the state. The proof is in the drinking glass. The Arlington water department has recently received the prestigious award of the annual Statewide Best Tasting Water contest.
Delicious drinking water is just one service of the many they provide to Arlington businesses and homes.
Another valuable service offered is their water conservation program. We’ve included a list of some of their water conservation tips that you can apply in your home and office.
Tips for water conservation in the house or office
In the kitchen
- Run the dishwasher only when you have a full load of dirty dishes.
- Keep a container of cold water stored in the refrigerator for drinking.
- Wash fruits and vegetables in a pan of water, then recycle the water on your potted plants.
- Repair leaking faucets.
In the bathroom
- Take shorter showers or turn down the water pressure in the faucet.
- Retrofit plumbing with new low-flow water fixtures.
- Place a plastic bottle in older toilet tanks to reduce the water volume level.
- Do not flush items such as bugs, facial tissue, cigarette butts, or other trash down the toilet.
- Do not fill the tub all the way.
- Repair toilets that “run” continuously.
In the laundry room
- Wash clothes only when you have a full load of dirty laundry.
- Consider new front loading washing machines that use ½ as much water as traditional clothes washers.
- Wash delicate clothes by hand or on a low water use cycle.
To learn of additional water conservation tips, visit the Arlington water department’s website.
You’ll notice that these tips draw attention to a very important point…make sure all of your plumbing and appliances are working properly.
Did you know that a large percentage of water damage is caused by faulty plumbing and malfunctioning appliances? A leak, a busted pipe, an overflowing toilet, dishwasher or washing machine…they all can spell disaster for your Arlington home or office. And it doesn’t take long for the water to flow throughout the entire building. In a matter of minutes, your floor can be submerged in water.
It’s in emergency situations like this that you need someone trustworthy. Dr. Clean has a professionally trained staff, on standby – 24/7. They are equipped to deliver the exact water damage service your situation requires.
We also provide an additional service that our clients appreciate. We assist with the insurance claims process. We photograph and document all of the water damage. You can rest easy, knowing that Dr. Clean has the experience and expertise to help you navigate through this trying time.
No matter how large or small the damage, when you want reliable, quality service, contact Dr. Clean!